Monday, November 5, 2012

DAY 21

Some days there is no single thing on the trail that holds your attention.

"Does this tail make my butt look big?"
("No, I honestly think it's all the nuts you've been eating.")

This was the fattest squirrel I've ever seen. Winter is coming, as they say in the Seven Kingdoms.









Who lives in these holes, anyway!? I always wonder. And no, it's not the squirrel. I could see his nest high in the trees.
















Take it for granite.

Well, large chunks of fieldstone, anyway. These boulders are truly huge. They are on the slope of the bridges that cross Emerson. I prefer to think they were deposited by a glacier, rather than the bridge construction crew.








I love moss.There were also some lichens on the stones, I believe. Good place to look for reindeer!


No comments:

Post a Comment